Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
In this post, I will include 30 alcohol-free date ideas for couples. Whether you are on your first date or have been married for years, going out as a couple doesn’t need to involve alcohol. Sober nights out are a great way to get to know each other and soak in your time together without the foggy haze of a drink.
Why Alcohol-Free Dates are Important
When my husband and I first started dating in 2015, even “dating” would be a strong word because we mostly drank heavily together and went to concerts. I stopped drinking in 2017 and our relationship changed too.
We suddenly enjoyed trying new restaurants, going to sporting events and had to reevaluate what “date night” meant for us. Now, that we have been married for over a year, going on a real date weekly or biweekly is important for us. Whether that time together is a walk at the local park or dressing up for a fancy meal, what’s important is that we are spending quality time together.
Here are 30 Alcohol-Free Date Ideas:
Love is Delicious
1. Amaze with a drool-worthy cheeseboard. You’ve seen them on Instagram, now make one for yourself!
2. Make fondue with plenty of dippable sides. My husband and I ate fondue in Paris, and ever since then, it’s been a tradition to eat it on our anniversary. Here’s the easy fondue recipe that I use (with no wine)!
3. Cook your partner’s favorite meal. It’s the ultimate sign of affection! (We do this on each other’s birthdays!)
4. Try your hands at making sushi. Here is a starter kit you can try out.
5. Splurge on reservations at a fancy restaurant.
6. Keep it simple by hit-up a local diner for a late-night bite.
7. Visit your favorite ice cream spots to decide once and for all which one is your fave!
8. Take a chance at a restaurant you’ve never been to before.
Amp Up the Romance
9. Cuddle up at the drive-in movie. Are we in the 1950s or in the 2020s? Who cares!
10. Salsa, swing dance, or just do your own jig at a dance club, where PDA is totally ok.
11. Want to get out of town? Maybe it’s time for a weekend getaway!
12. Get a couples massage on Groupon or give each other a massage!
13. Eat dinner by candlelight to be extra romantic.
14. Bundle up and gaze at the stars.
Explore Your City
15. Show each other your favorite places in the city.
16. Go skating at your local rink. Maybe there will even be a couples’ skate!
17. Paint a piece of art at a painting studio.
18. Tune-into your creative side at a local art museum or gallery.
19. Be a tourist for a day. Check out the tourist attractions in your city!
20. Head to a concert venue to catch a local band.
Competition is a Turn-On
21. Follow a Bob Ross tutorial on Netflix to see who is the better artist.
22. Buy a puzzle and see how long it takes to put it together.
23. Put your heads together to escape an escape room!
24. Get your adrenaline pumping at ax throwing.
25. Have a round of Mini-Golf.
26. Compete at the local old-school arcade.
27. Forget the local sports bar- go to the stadium to cheer on a team!
28. Ever been to a VR arcade?
29. Bowl a strike at the bowling alley!
30. Roll the dice in a fun board game. Some coffee shops have some to use or you can check out a board game shop!
Are you inspired by these alcohol-free date ideas? Let me know down below!
Valentine’s Day is coming up and now I want to try out all of these ideas for our celebration! I will definitely be checking out Groupon for the best deals on local attractions if we decide to go bowling or mini-golf. It’s going to be hard to decide between all the ideas!